logo

michael-jordan-larry-bird-mcdonalds

There have been a ton of sports commercials in our day. I thought this would be easy, but there are so many. Although it’s tough to pick 5, we’ll give it a shot. The funny thing is; the guys who try to be liked and funny aren’t even close to sniffing this list. (i.e. Shaq, Ochocinco) I love the old school stuff, but there is also some great new stuff. Feel free to give your imput. Here are the 5………….

Michael Jordan and Larry Bird for McDonalds

How bad of an actor is Larry Bird? Still, two of the games greatest in this series of McDonalds commercials. I loved them.

Michael Jordan for Gatorade

This is a great commercial. How can you not love this catchy little tune?? Michael Jordan owns man.

Bo Jackson for Nike

Bo pulls all the big names in his commercial! Lets face it “Bo Knows” was legit.

Penny Hardaway & Lil’ Penny for Nike

After you watch this just Youtube all of the Lil’ Penny commercials. They are hilarious. Oh, and Penny was a stud. See for yourself

Kevin Durant and Co. for Nike

Alright, we all know how I feel about Kevin Durant.. it’s still a sweet commercial

EVEN MORE UNATHLETIC STUFF

16 Responses to The 5 Best Sports Commercials Of All-Time

Mattia

August 10th, 2010 at 1:14 am

really cannot believe you forgot the single best piece of sports marketing of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB5bQnhAdxo and this year’s Nike WC campaign

Norty

August 10th, 2010 at 3:57 am

That could definitely be on there in place of the Hyperize commercial. I just put that there because of my love of Kevin Durant…. i agree with you

Max Power

August 10th, 2010 at 7:50 am

I would put either of these over the Be Like Mike commercial, although that is a classic:

Max Power

August 10th, 2010 at 7:50 am

Norty

August 10th, 2010 at 9:20 am

love em both my friend

J

August 10th, 2010 at 9:54 am

How could you forget the ESPN the magazine commercial with KG and Marburry. “ESPN magazine is gonna be phat, but please no swimsuit issue. No bikinis, no thongs. ALLLLLL NUUUUDDDEE.”

Daryl Rosenblatt

August 10th, 2010 at 11:03 am

Mean Joe Green Coke commercial is the best. There is no second place.

Steve

August 10th, 2010 at 11:55 am

Mean Joe Greene. It should be #1-5. I don’t know if it’s possible for that to be topped-ever. Your new school stuff is grade school to Mean Joe’s PhD.

neil

August 10th, 2010 at 3:13 pm

There is no second place after the Mean Joe Green commercial. The best ever

Diane

August 10th, 2010 at 4:07 pm

It is a tie between the Larry Bird and Michael Jordan McDonald’s ad and the Mean Joe Greene ad. The one has a very funny premise with the contest between the two and the other is just a real heart warming ad. They are both No. 1 for different reasons.

Jim Robertson

August 10th, 2010 at 4:23 pm

I have to agree with the one you did not show. Mean Joe Green is my all time favorite, always has been probably always will be.

john

August 10th, 2010 at 6:32 pm

What about that Nike high school commercial,that had Vick,Urlacher,LT on the same team?

sam carey

August 10th, 2010 at 11:39 pm

#1 Mean Joe Green kills me being a life long Cowboy fan, but hell I think it is a classic

#2 Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine at the hitter cage slappiing high fives around the hot chicks, “chicks dig the long ball!”

#3 Rob Ray @ ESPN security beating the crap out of the guy telling the fedex guy he has to have id, pause long enough to say high to his coach

#4 and #5 the Little Penny and Air Jordan commercials with Chris Rock Spike Lee and how did I get way up here? Air Jordan Air Jordan Air Jordan, Sup Mike?

Tony

August 11th, 2010 at 1:29 am

The Miller commercials from way back. A bunch of retired jocks, ( Boog Powell, Dick Butkus, Bob Uecker): with Rodney Dangerfield and about a dozen others in a bar. The dialogue was hysterical.

Jeff Thompson

August 11th, 2010 at 6:43 am

I liked the Terry Tate commercials as they tied sports to office life.

The Bird/Jordan commercials were classic.

The Mean Joe Green and Penny and Lil Penny commercials were also good.

paul thomas

August 11th, 2010 at 7:20 am

1. As most people have stated, Mean Joe’s coke commercial. It might be the best commercial ever.
2. Bob Uecker’s miller lite, “Oh, I must be in the front row”, plus all the Less filling, Taste’s Great ads.
3. Addidas’ World Cup paradoy of the Star Wars cantina ad.
4. ESPN’s self promo spots, too many to list.
5. Nike’s “Bo Knows” ads.

Your Thoughts?

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Celebrity Toob