logo

May 31 2011

5 Reasons to Watch the NBA Finals

Posted by in NBA

The NBA Finals get underway tonight in Miami, where the Mavericks and Heat will face off for what looks to be a long series. I’ve said many times, my go to is definitely not the NBA, but I’m going to end up watching this series start to finish. The NBA was certainly praying for a Lakers vs. Heat finals, but I’m not upset the Mavericks are in the Finals.

I’m going to watch, and here are 5 reasons while I will watch….

(5) …. To See What Cuban Does

I don’t like the guy. Most people don’t. But this is the Finals and you know Cubes is going to be in full-spaz mode. FULL SPAZ. It’ll be worth a look, trust me.

(4) ….To See Jason Kidd’s Last Dance

This is probably the last time we’ll see Jason Kidd on the big stage. I’m going to ignore his personal life crap. Jason Kidd has been one of the greatest guards in the history of the NBA, and he did it without a great jumpshot. He’s obviously older now (like he’s the oldest guard to ever start in the Finals) , but if you appreciate basketball you can watch J. Kidd and appreciate his legacy.

(3)….To be Able to Compare Lebron to Jordan

Anyone who reads this blog knows how I feel about Michael Jordan. You cannot even approach the argument that he is NOT the best player that ever played the game. He IS. Period. I’ll watch the Finals though, to put Lebron under a microscope. I’m a Lebron hater, but I will tell you this. He’s played phenomenally in the playoffs this year. He’s not Jordan though. He’d have to do something awfully amazing in the Finals.

(2)…. To hope Dirk gets a Championship

Dirk is one of the 50 Greatest Players that ever played the game. He’s a good dude, and he will be an ambassador for the game for many years to come. He needs a Championship. At this point, he needs one more than Lebron.

(1)…. And to hope the Heat lose

I’ve been on the lose bandwagon since day 1 and they KEEP winning! I hate the offseason bullsh#t. I think D-Wade turned into the biggest punk. I just don’t need to see Lebron succeed at all. On the Cavaliers, I would have been all about it. Just don’t need to see it. This title means nothing for Lebron’s legacy.

EVEN MORE UNATHLETIC STUFF

10 Responses to 5 Reasons to Watch the NBA Finals

aa`

May 31st, 2011 at 9:27 am

totally agre with this list

Bruce

May 31st, 2011 at 10:37 am

The Heat in 5. D-Wade scores 30 per game. LeBron scores 42 per game. Dirk is crushed. Cuban has heart attack. Big party on Sobe; you’re not invited!

Saanvi

May 31st, 2011 at 11:16 am

Very valid reasons. However I am not a great fan of sports.But I like when they dunk like these dunking devils of all time.

Capt

May 31st, 2011 at 11:41 am

Kidd said he is not retiring after this season.

No real basketball fan wants Dirk to win a championship. A 7′ soft jump shooting power forward isn’t NBA basketball but no real basketball fan wants to see a Magic want to be win a championship so this is a lose lose finals.

PS. Oscar Robinson and Magic are both better than Jordan.

5 Reasons to Watch the NBA Finals | Attuworld.com

May 31st, 2011 at 2:04 pm

[...] in Miami, where the Mavericks and Heat will face off for what looks to be a long series. Here are five must reasons to watch. Similar Posts:None Found You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 [...]

GoHeat

May 31st, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Ha, I’m going to enjoy the bucket of tears Mavs fan cry when the heat do win. Just like the people who thought the Bulls were going to destroy them.

awww

June 1st, 2011 at 1:55 am

You really need to get over LeBron leaving Cleveland. It sucks in Cleveland and no one ever wins there. The place is cursed. I’ll tell you a couple things LeBron does better than Jordan: Defense, 3 pt. shots, rebounds, assists, and don’t forget Jordan needed Pippen, Rodman for support. Dallas is on it’s way to losing and Miami is becoming the next NBA dynasty. I remember the whiners hating the Bulls back in the 90′s, the Lakers in the 00′s. If you want to join that group of losers, go ahead. LeBron has already proven that his decision was a good one. He did nothing wrong.

ED

June 1st, 2011 at 4:19 am

Paper thin article based on absolutely nothing at all. No research. Tells us nothing.

chris

June 1st, 2011 at 5:06 am

Hahhahahaha… not bias? Its a shame your fucking wrong and Miami will dominate Dallas…

Fresno Bankruptcy Attorney

June 1st, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Very good match up. looking forward to game 2

Your Thoughts?

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Celebrity Toob