logo

And it’s not that many of you do (or do you?) but come on folks. Anyone who follows the WWE might know that John Cena was defeated by CM Punk. With all due respect I have no clue who these people are. I know John Cena was in a movie but that’s about all.

I’m so far removed from this it’s not even funny. Give me Hulk Hogan vs. Iron Sheik and then we’re talking. Anyway, I guess the championship belt isn’t really such a big commodity as it may have been back in the day.

Want some fries with that CM?

EVEN MORE UNATHLETIC STUFF

9 Responses to Here’s Why You Can’t Take Pro Wrestling Seriously

trajan

July 19th, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Wow thank God for this picture because before this I thought pro wrestling was REAL.

John Smith

July 19th, 2011 at 2:10 pm

The point behind this picture is that CM Punk’s contract had ended, and he promised that he was going to win the championship and walk away from the company… He won the title, and walked away with the championship belt. This is a dig at the WWE. Pretty much him saying “I got your most longed after title, and I got it in my fridge, what are you gonna do about it!?”.

Mike D.

July 19th, 2011 at 2:30 pm

For one Hulk and Sheik are old men who can barley move let alone wrestle and two Punk is no longer under contract with the company, or maybe its “no longer under contract with the company” but either way the point was punk showing off how he left with their belt and now can do with it what he pleases. Championship belts are a hot commodity when the guy who holds it isn’t around to defend it because hes busy putting it in his fridge or bringing it to the cubs game.

Dave

July 19th, 2011 at 3:00 pm

It’s not surprising that a guy who doesn’t follow professional wrestling totally missed the point of this picture. Next.

CJ Styles

July 19th, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Urg. This is why I hate the internet. People get to spread stupidity without any context and understanding of what they’re talking about.

I’ll admit, the WWE has been a pretty much garbage product for the past 5-10 years, but in the past MONTH (and only a month) it has taken some amazing swerves.

This is all part of a storyline, in which the new champion (CM Punk) who is a true wrestler is sick and tired of the phony superstar (Cena) and his ugly belt. So he took it, and he’s eventually going to get rid of it. This is his way to laughing at what wrestling has become, and what hopefully it will no longer be.

“Do I have your attention now?” – CM Punk

jesse

July 19th, 2011 at 5:11 pm

why dont you tell us what is going on in the picture so we inderstand what you’re posting… then you can get back to bashing wrestling

Charles

July 19th, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Since you stated you don’t follow wrestling, there is actually a story line that goes along with this photo. In the “story line” of WWE lately, CM Punk’s contract expired Sunday, the same day he won the title. His goal was to leave the company with the ugly belt shown above and take it with him elsewhere. Its mainly a way for WWE to finally redesign the belt and move some other storylines forward — and phase out Vince McMahon’s ego-maniac character from the storylines.

Robb Vanderstoel

July 19th, 2011 at 6:43 pm

If this is the reason you can’t take wrestling seriously, perhaps you should do some research.

“I’m so far removed from this it’s not even funny.”

That much is obvious. This is probably the most serious wrestling has been since the last guy died. Punk’s contract ran out and he left with the belt. He’s disrespecting it on purpose because he doesn’t work there anymore.

Nevermind, you didn’t care anyway. Research would have been nice is all.

JP

July 19th, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I totally get what you’re trying to say, but if you followed the WWE at all you’d understand that was the entire point. CM Punks story angle was him consistently saying that the company and “pro wrestling” as it stands is one big joke. Which explains why his after party was really him and his friends taking stupid pictures with the belt.

Your Thoughts?

You must be logged in to post a comment.

TVOvermind