Today, we’re going to get our Title IX on. We are always talking about the greatest male athletes of all-time. It’s time to give the female athletes some love. Who exactly are the best female athletes of all-time?
Admittedly, it’s slightly more challenging to identify the best female athletes simply because female athletes aren’t featured in the traditional sports that we follow extensively like the males. Furthermore, female athletics have taken a little more time to become main stream.
With that said, we have seen some all-time greats, and here they are…
5. Lisa Leslie – Basketball
I have to put Lisa Leslie here at 5. She revolutionized women’s basketball.
- WNBA MVP 4 Times
- 2 WNBA Championships
- 7 WNBA All-Star Appearances
- 4 Olympic Gold Medals
- First Woman to Ever Dunk in a Game
- Voted Top 15 Player in history of WNBA
Lisa Leslie is considered a pioneer and cornerstone of the WNBA.
4. Bonnie Blair – Speed Skating
Bonnie Blair is probably considered the greatest female speed skaters of all-time. Speed-skating isn’t a mainstream sport, but that doesn’t prevent Blair from making this list…
- 4 Olympic Games
- One of the most decorated athletes in the history of the Olympics
- 5 gold medals and 1 bronze
- First American Woman to 5 Gold Medals
- World Record in 500 Meters
- Largest Margin of victory in the 1000 Meter event (1.38 seconds)
Blair absolutely dominated the sport of speedskating for a long time.
TV News, Reviews, Recaps, and Spoilers
Celebrity Gossip, Pictures, Videos, Net Worth & Bios